This year we had our first christmas without any extended family. It was a lot of fun. Of course we missed our families. We were able to hang out with some good friends though and have a really great holiday.
Christmas Eve, the Holland and Jenks families came over. We had appitizers for dinner, let the kids watch a mickey christmas movie and played the pickle ornament game.
Dawn with Max and Mikey
Dan with Jackson
Everyone looking for the pickle
Mikey found the pickle!!!
Karen and Brady.
Christmas morning was very easy going this year and it was wonderful. We let Jackson sleep and he didnt get up till after 8. Then we opened our stockings, Long Johns (a great tradition in bryan's family) and presents. Followed by an awesome pancake breakfast prepared by yours-truly. It was a wonderful time.
The tree before anything was opened.
A few of jackson's stocking stuffers. Yay!
This was in my stocking- Dispicable Me. I hadnt seen it before, but it was watched 3 times over the break. Good movie.
The candy in Jackson's long johns. Dont worry, mommy and daddy wont let him eat that much for real. But thankyou Santa.
Jackson opening his first big gift
This is my old rocking horse from when i was little. Bryan refinished it while jackson and I were in Canada. He did an amzing job, including all of the handpainted logos. He made it into a Horsey- davidson, instead of harley davidson. Jackson didnt want to get off. It was hard to move him on to other presents.
Opening his table and chair set. I didnt get a picture of him opening his tool bench or hot wheels race track. But he loved everything! He would get stuck on each gift and not want to go open another one. It was cute.
Hooray! A football just jackson's size!
Opening guitar Hero. Bryan wanted this game a lot, and when he opening it, he though i had bought him a controller without the game. I didnt get the awesome reaction i was hoping for. Once he realized he got the game and guitar he was more excited.
We had Christmas day dinner with the Bakers. Austin is in first year with bryan. They just had baby Adrien about a month and half ago and this was the first time he had gone to visit another house. I am so glad they made it. I love these guy and we had a lot of fun hanging out with them.
Jackson loves babies and Adrien is no exception. He kept sneaking out to the living room during dinner to peak into Adrien's car seat to see sleeping baby. I am so excited for him to be a big brother.
Me and one of my favorite girls.
It was a wonderful Christmas and i dont regret staying here by ourselves. I'm glad we got to have this experience. It was so much fun. Hope everyone else had a great christmas too.

















No comments:
Post a Comment