My least favorite things about (this) pregnancy...
1. Peeing… constantly… even at night
2. Getting out of breath going up stairs and a general feeling of being “squished”
3. Gaining more weight than I wanted to… though not too much, just more than planned
4. The aches and the pains… though these didn’t really set in until about 30 weeks
5. To go along with aches, pains, and feeling squished… not being able to sleep, or get comfortable enough to sleep, and then being dead tired every day with a toddler I have to keep busy while I feel like I’m in a fog and cant think straight… fun times… and to think that I already know I want to do this at least one more time.
6. The waiting game… I haven’t really hit this point yet. But once you hit 37 weeks and know you could have baby any time, but not really know when, well, I wish that wasn’t the case. With Jackson I remember hitting 37 weeks and thinking “yay- I get to meet baby boy soon!”… little did I expect he would come 4 weeks and a day later after having to be evicted because
he was over due. I’m hoping to make it to about 40 weeks this time, but only because my mom isn’t coming until a few days after my due date.
he was over due. I’m hoping to make it to about 40 weeks this time, but only because my mom isn’t coming until a few days after my due date.
7. Constant worry. I am a stresser. I worry if this will hurt the baby or if I should really be doing that. Of course this continues while I am breast feeding too, but not to the same extent.
8. Waiting till you are far enough into your cycle to pee on the stick and see if youre going to be having a baby
Things i enjoy most about (this)pregnancy...
1. No crazy acne like i have fought all my life. With Jackson it got horrible, but this time, I just get the occasional few zits here and there
2. Feeling my baby move! I love how frequent it is now and how reassuring it is to feel those kicks and bumps, even if sometimes it feels like she is trying to push right through my stomach and come out my belly button.
3. I get to eat more than my husband. Yup- I looove this! Of course I cant eat whatever I want, which would be heavenly, but I still get a larger portion now… and he gets to share his burger with Jackson instead of me.
4. An excuse for being emotional… you’d think that being a girl would be excuse enough, and even with bryan the fact that I’m pregnant usually isn’t a good enough excuse. But it helps me explain away some of my emotional outbursts towards him, Jackson and people in general.
5. An excuse to crave food, or not want to eat certain foods. So I admit that I really don’t have the pregnancy “craving”, but sure, there are things I would prefer to eat over others… like ice cream instead of fruit and veggies. But I have found that when I am eating something, I can be really enjoying it one minute and not want to touch it the next second… then bryan does get more than me because I scrape the rest onto his plate.
6. An excuse for a lot of things…. Not feeling like cleaning, getting bryan to vacuum, not lifting heay things, watching a movie in the afternoon so I can rest and not worry about Jackson… yup, pregnancy is a good excuse in general.
7. Finding out gender. This was a long time ago now, but it is a very exciting part of being pregnant and one that I truly love! And honestly, it took me a while to get used to the idea that we are going to be having a girl, but I could not be happier now. I am so excited to meet her.
8. Even before finding out the gender, hearing baby’s heart beat for the first time. (obviously I am not listing these in any order)
9. Another biggy… no period!!! Woohoo, and dare I say it in a semi-public place? No need for birth control!
10. Another specific one for this pregnancy compared to last is a lack of boob-soreness. I guess they got stretched out enough with Jackson that they could just fill out again this time.
11. No mornign sickness- thank you! I've been blessed to avoid this awefulness with both pregnancies.
Oh that is so exciting you are pregnant! We just had a little girl too! I just had to tell you that we are planning to apply to Indiana this June. It would be super fun to be there together. How have you both liked it so far? Would you recommend the school?
ReplyDeleteI dont have your e-mail mindy, or I'd send you a longer message, but i hope you get my reply, because Indiana is wonderful. It's an older school, but i really like the atmosphere out here. There are a lot of LDS dental students. I would love it so much if you guys came out here!
ReplyDelete