Monday, November 28, 2011

solid food- help?

Katie is just over 6 months old, and should be ready to start eating solid foods. we started trying about 2 weeks ago. we have been completely unsuccessful.


Despite the fact that she reaches for the spoon and shoves it in her mouth, she HATES it! as soon as food touches her toungue she starts blowing raspberries- successfully covering me, her and our floor in rice cereal.


I have tried rice cereal mixed with formula, breast milk, plain water, apple sauce and apple juice. All attempts have been met with equal dislike. I might try moving on to a different type of cereal, but i really think its just the texture she cant stand. any tips on how to get this little girly to eat?? i need some help.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amber. I would say try again in a while, sometimes they just aren't ready. I know that my Mom always told me that I never ate baby cereal, I never liked it. Maybe just try veggies and fruits and see how she does. Good luck! Jessica L

    ReplyDelete