Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy First Birthday Jackson!

On April 6 we celebrated Jackson's first birthday! Happy birthday little man! We love him soo sooo much! He is such a huge blessing in our lives. It's hard to think that We've been parents for one full year! It's scary to think of too- i hope we're doing an OK job of it!

Since we don't have much family around we had a little party for him in the afternoon with a few friends. Tomorrow Bryan's parents will be here with his brother and family so we'll have a second little bash then.

I made Jackson a football cake to destroy ( it turned out rather well in my opinion). He didn't exactly demolish the cake, but he did enjoy the icing very very much. I was scared he'd get sick from all the sugar but he did good. In fact, he wouldn't eat any vegetables later and we think it's because he just wanted more cake.

Thankyou to everyone who came out to celebrate Jackson's special day with us. We really appreciate it and love you all! You made the day even better!
Here are a few pictures from the big day!

Turning one!

What a good looking family :)

This picture was taken at 10:24 am on April 6- exactly 1 year old!! And so happy about it too!

Here's the football cake i made for Jackson as well as a few of the cupcakes i made for everyone else to eat. I love the footballs!!! I think jackson is cursed to grow up to play and watch football.


The first taste...


And it's GOOD!


The damage done


Trying to share with Jared


Getting a hug from Noah


Checking out the toy box with the littler Jared and Hannah


Noah, Jared and Lauren helped Jackson figure out how to open presents. Hannah and brigden are coming to help out in the background


After the party, playing with his new toys from mom and dad. He loved sitting in his play tent and trying to build things with his mega blocks. Later i gave him a book that sings to him and he sat in there reading it. So cute.

It was a wonderful day! We can't wait for all the fun years to come!

P.S. Jackson had his one year check-up today. He is 21lbs 10oz, 30.5 inches long and of course his head is in the 75-90 percentile :) He's a healthy boy.

5 comments:

  1. YEAH! I'm totally bummed that Eden and I missed it. What a great mom you ARE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh he is so stinkin' cute! happy birthday little buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! the cake is so awesome, and the little football cupcakes look yummy too! Aren't you just the cutest mom ever. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a blast!! Love the football cake you made!! It is kinda fun to think that we were celebrating our boys birthdays on the same day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Brandon from Notes on Parenting (http://parentsareimportant.com). I just wanted to thank you for following my blog and to tell you that you have such a cute little boy! Also, congrats on going to Indiana. I love Indiana. That's where I am originally from, and it can be so beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete