Sunday, February 6, 2011

Feelin' Crafty

Lately I have had the crafty urge. I used to sew a lot, but haven't done much for a couple of years. Well, lately my sewing machine and surger have had quite the work out.  Saturday morning i made this little pillowcase dress for little girlie.


 Bryan bought a TON of this green fabric for a school project and now i have about 51/2 yards of it left to figure out something to do with it. Any ideas are appreciated. All i can think of are dresses in multiple sizes. lol. Anyway, i am proud of my little pillowcase dress, and that i was miraculously able to get it done while jackson was awake and running around.

My first shot at a project, about 3 weeks ago was a simple flannel blanket. I made a really big one because i remember that after about 3 months, the nice big ones were the only ones i could swaddle jackson in anymore.



A friend out here helped me figure out the car seat cover. To be honest, i havent actually tied it on the carseat yet, but i measured it on there, so i am confident it will work great. Plus, i absolutely love the fabrics. Its reversible, so the side you cant see has the fabrics for the main cover and fabric for the straps reversed.


Today, after church, I made a drape for jacksons room. I am in love with it too. The fabric was on sale so the drape and thing to hang it on in total cost about ten dollars. Cant complain about that right?

Next on the project list are drapes for mine and bryans room, recovering some old pillows for our couch, making a tutu for little one as well as hopefully a few hair flowers or other accessories, and i really want to make some mary jane shoes for her too. I tried doing it without a pattern and they turned out really wide. There are some patterns on etsy for about $4. So i may give in and buy one.

1 comment:

  1. Amber, your projects are so so fun! Congrats on the new baby coming! How fun that it is a girl! I got your message the other day, but do not have texting, so that's why I didn't answer back right then...but my due date is the 21st of May, so just right after you again! How fun! I am going to have to call you one of these days to catch up!

    ReplyDelete