Saturday, July 23, 2011

2 Months!

Baby Katie is a whopping 2 months old today! We sure do love her!


She is finally starting to smile, though this still takes a lot of effort. I swear she tries to avoid looking at my face. I know i'm not as attractive without make-up on, which is almost every day lately, but come on, i'm not that painful to look at. She seems to smile a lot for Jackson and really enjoys watching him play.


Katie has also discovered her hands! It's adorable.  I tried to get a picture of her holding up her head, but she was having a lazy tummy day. She has a super strong neck though.


So she doesnt do much yet, but she is an awesome little girl. She eats every 2.5-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night with an occassional (and very cherrished) 5 hour stretch once in a while. She will stay up for about an hour after each feeding during the day, and actually was up for about 3 hours yesterday, completely happy and bright eyed the whole time. I swear she's way too young to be awake for that long already.

 And i of course had to include a picture of jackson. What an awesome brother he is for Katie. I can't believe how much he loves her and wants to be around her. It has certainly made this transition a lot easier than it would have been otherwise. You can look at my previous post for an idea of the sort of sweet things he does with Katie.

I am so grateful for my two wonderful babies. Though Jackson will correct me and tell me he's a big boy now. Wow, they grow up fast! I can hardley believe Katie is already 2 months old. i love her so much! You know its true, that you dont have to split your love when another baby comes, you just get more and truly love them equally. It is so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment